Friday 20 January 2017

no. 3

This one is one of my more creative pieces. Simply cause I changed the pattern.
I had already sewn a couple of this Burda 7178 pattern:
- no sleeves and sleeves, no collar
- no sleeves with collar

I changed the back and made the neckline the same as the front, as it would be a little cold otherwise.... And I went with long sleeves with a different coloured cuff (same fabric, just different colour). Not entirely sure how much I like it. I actually thought that it looked better with 3/4 sleeves, but then the fabric is quite thick and it makes more sense to have long sleeves really. The thick fabric also meant that the neckline is a bit bulky and I used top stitching to keep the neck facing in place. Lastly, and as you can even see in the photo, the darts at the front don't lie flat. I haven't yet ironed it, but I fear that ironing the fabric won't make much difference either.

Either way it feels really comfy. And once again my overlock came in very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment