Friday 4 November 2016

next and next

After I did my back in cutting the fabric for my coat, I took a little sewing break. Which ended last week, when I finally completed a dress that only needed to be hemmed.
It's a variation of this one but without the collar and with added lining, which unfortunately means I need to lose weight for it to fit... Alternatively I could try holding my tummy in and never breathe. I'll let you know how that goes!

And since that was completed relatively quickly, I also went ahead with yet a third version of the dress, this time without collar but with sleeves. And no zip. Yes, I am lazy and as the fabric is stretchy, I figured it wasn't needed. And as I didn't take into account the seam allowance included for the insertion of the zip, the dress fits nicely (as opposed to the too tight second version). Don't you just love when things work out this way?


I especially love the straight neckline and V-back

No comments:

Post a Comment