Friday 9 September 2016

Two years in the making

Well, not quite. But I bought this fabric two years ago in Hong Kong. Together with a pile of other fabric, that I also still haven't used. When I buy fabric, I more often than not, don't know what exactly I will use it for. Which then leads to it sitting around, as I can't decide what pattern to use.

I finally settled on this Burda 7178, the sleeveless version with a collar. I really like the V-neck at the back as well as how the collar lies at the back. I am not so convinced with the collar at the front though. But it might grow on me. I am already working on a second version in a tartan fabric without the collar.

The pattern's smallest size was a 12, which fits nicely on my hips but is too big at the top. I had to resew the zip in order to make it tighter, as there was some ugly gaping at the back. I also adjusted the darts to that effect. For now, I make my adjustment on the basis of trial and error really. This is something I'd really like to improve on.


No comments:

Post a Comment