Sunday 20 August 2017

what to say, what to do?

I thought a while about whether or not to post this on here.
But this blog is basically my diary, so it has got to go on here, I feel.

On Thursday 17th August 2017, my mum passed away.
She had been in a hospice for the last four weeks. The night before her 71st birthday (12th August), she fell asleep, never to wake up again. 

These last four weeks have been intense, challenging, sad and nonetheless I am deeply grateful for having been able to experience them the way I did. With friends and a support network there to help my mum as well as by my side. Taking one step at a time.

About 5 years and 3 months ago, she had gotten her first diagnosis

I am sure it will take many more weeks for me to process this.
The thought that I will never see her and talk to her again is surreal for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment