Monday 29 May 2017

a premiere

Not quite THE premiere but a premiere for me nonetheless.
I had come across the play Amor & Psyche based on Greek mythology that finished its run on Sunday at the local theatre. And you may imagine my excitement, when I saw it was performed in English!!

And my disappointment when nobody (at first) reacted to my post in the English speakers FB group... Especially as my determination to go and see the show by myself was waning. Cue even more excitement when somebody finally replied AND reserved tickets AND booked a table for dinner beforehand. As I continuously bemoan the fact that I tend to be the organizer of anything that happens in my social life.

I enjoyed it.
The Theaterinsel (theatreisland) is a small theatre with maybe 50 odd seats. So a good view is guaranteed. The actors' English didn't make me cringe instead added to the charm and my amusement in places. I loved how they used the space and how even on a small budget you can make a show cool.

The second half dragged a little bit but that might also be due to my short attention span. All in all, it was a wonderful evening which taught me once again: Expect the unexpected! Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment