Thursday 20 April 2017

kids...

My friend D from London times, who now lives in Berlin, was down in Munich over the weekend. I can't even remember when I last saw him in person, but it must be several years ago. But as is the case with some people, nothing much changes and when we do meet it never feels as if there had been such a long time between meetings.

For the first time, I also got to meet his son. Such a cutie! Who seemed to take to me instantly - cuddling up and taking my hand. He also does the cutest impression of sulking - LOL! It was great to see them together, too. Clearly a close bond between Daddy and son.

Not so great - for a planner like me - was how the day panned out. Because of the crap, rainy and cold weather, the plan was to visit the Deutsche Museum. Great idea, I thought, as I still haven't been. When I arrived, there already was quite a queue, which moved quickly though, so I wasn't too bothered. Of course (?!), D and his 'entourage' were late though.... After about queuing for half an hour, they closed the ticket office due to overcrowding. Brilliant...

They reopened about an hour later, saying they'd let another 100 people in. I was pretty convinced that there were more than 100 people in front of us... Also, by the time we would have potentially gotten in, the museum would have closed in less than 1,5 hours... So, after faffing about for an hour, we finally collectively decided to go into town.

We made it to the next coffee shop, where one of the kids fell asleep.
Anyway, I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around town with D, while his friend and the kids went to another exhibition (we didn't all fit in the car....). I guess planning with kids follows different rules.

The courtyard of the old town hall at Marienplatz.
Weirdly, I had never stepped inside before!

No comments:

Post a Comment