Wednesday 22 February 2017

*hyper, hyper*

I had another amazing coaching experience tonight. The Inntal Institute offers free practice evenings. One of the ladies who does the NLP Practitioner Course with me had said that she was going to attend for the first time today, which motivated me to also attend. Interestingly, she had been encouraged by yet somebody else from the course - nice little domino effect!

Anyhow, of course I had thought about what I wanted to get out of it. I came prepared with a couple of topics I could have worked on as client. But then during the introductory round decided that really what I wanted to push myself to, was to coach somebody. And what better challenge than to coach somebody who is already further advanced with regard to NLP.

1.5 hours can be a long time and it was demanding for sure. But it also felt great! And because I felt good and pleased with my work, I could - for a change - also accept the lovely feedback I got from the trainer as well as from the 'observer'.

Biggest learning or rather reminder:
I need to stop my 'mind-reading' activities. The client's result was nothing I had anticipated. Instead, I had been focused for a while on how I would solve the issue and what it could possibly mean for me. Based on the feedback, I did well in dissociating myself in the situation or at least not verbalizing that I was associating myself. So, that's progress, I think!

When I got home, I had a message from a girl I met a few weeks ago and hadn't heard from since then, who now asked whether I'd have to time to coach her.
Of course I do!!!
The timing is perfect, of course. And restores my faith that everything is going in the right direction. Even if I do feel bored occasionally.

Only downside to this all is that I am feeling super hyper now as I usually do after having coached.
So hyper, that I finished off some work. Which of course means that I can afford a proper lie in tomorrow 😎

No comments:

Post a Comment