Tuesday 9 August 2016

sloooooooooow sewing

I had cut out this pattern months ago. I think the reason, I left it un-sewn at the time, was my worry to destroy the silk-like fabric in the process. Of course, not doing anything with it, makes much more sense. In a parallel universe. Somewhere.

Anyhow, as I am on a sewing roll, I finally tackled this project and here's the result:

Burda 6914, version A; I decided not to bother with the pleats at the bottom of the dress -
not least as it's on the tight side on my legs already...
In this case, I feel it looks nicer in the photo than in reality... I am pleased that I even made the effort to use a button with the same fabric (one of these easy clip in buttons - no idea what they are actually called). Making the thread loop (left) was a new experience and a tedious one. As you can see, I ran out of thread half way through and overall, it doesn't look very tidy. I also used my newly learned French seam technique. With limited success, as I didn't use the correct seam allowance, meaning that some of the fabric comes through on the side seams. But I couldn't be asked to redo it. I will simply count on people not looking too closely. Lastly, I lined the dress, which worked ok-ish. I decided not to use an understitch. I might add that later, especially at the neck opening.

Overall, I really like the simplicity and how it falls, so have started on making another version already.

No comments:

Post a Comment