Wednesday 17 August 2016

excited!

I have had this coat pattern for a while but had never dared to tackle it. The thought of f&cking up expensive and a lot of fabric was putting me off. Then, last week, with proper autumnal weather in the middle of August, T was telling me about her coat sewing project. And when I went shopping for a zip and some buttons in the local department store, I saw a number of reduced wool fabrics (€4.99/metre), that I immediately fell in love with. I was even toying with starting two coat projects. But thought better of it and will focus on just one.

Fabric is bought, but I still need lining. And all bought with the voucher I got from my ex boss. So, I won't feel too bad if it really does end up in the bin.


They actually have the same fabric in pink also. I surprised myself by opting for the black and white instead. I suppose it's more practical and goes with more things and I can always add a splash of pink in other ways :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment