Wednesday 13 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 9: misc

Recommended by T, I went to check out the fabric shops near Holloway Road. I didn't find anything in Rolls and Rems nor Ultimate Craft. Don't get me wrong: both shops have a wide variety on offer, but somehow nothing 'spoke' to me. Already disheartened, I went for my final stop: the market stall. Now, I usually don't buy at market stalls. Not sure why, it's just the way it is. BUT this time, I got lucky and consequently very happy!

£1/metre of chiffon; £2/metre for a crazy pattern
3 scarfs for £5 (at a different shop); £2.50/metre
and not in the photo: I stocked up on 5 metres of black lining at £1/metre
Delighted with my purchases, I then went to watch Absolutely Fabulous - the movie. I love going to cinema during the day, when it's generally empty. And no, I don't mind AT ALL going by myself. I haven't actually seen the series (which is why I bought the boxset), so maybe it'll be even funnier if you know the whole backstory. Nevertheless, I found it entertaining.



Next I headed to the Wellcome Collection. Unfortunately, the current exhibition on This is a Voice was not to my liking. Well, I didn't really get it/wasn't interested. Both. Nevermind.
I then headed over to the Granary Square, where I enjoyed some more sun before P arrived for dinner at Dishoom (no photos, I am afraid). After dinner, I headed back to Kentish Town for a last night of chats with A and R. And yes, I am very pleased with having crammed so much loveliness into 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment