Wednesday 1 June 2016

As Seen On(line)

I spotted the below blue dungaree dress on asos and immediately fell in love. I resisted the urge to order it and figured that I should be able to sew it myself. I have a self-made pattern for a stretch pencil skirt from a while ago which I used. All in all it was as easy as I expected it to be :-)

At first I had some issues with the bit where the straps are on the top bit of the dress. I initially used push buttons but didn't like the look of it (I also cleverly sewed them on the wrong way round TWICE before getting it right...). So, I then sewed them to the back of the top and the button you can (just about see) are for decorative purposes only. Below you can see the dress modeled with three different type of tops. It's shorter than the original but I find this length more flattering on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment