Saturday 21 May 2016

WEEKEND

This has been one of the less lovely weeks. I accept there are those as well and I am still grateful for the nice things that happen even during the slightly crappy weeks.
I do reserve the right to feel marginally sorry for myself, too.

After my visit to the dermatologist, I also had my check up appointment with the radiologist regarding the tiny lump in my breast. After the qualified assessment by my gynecologist, the radiologist now confirmed that the lump has indeed grown. High time to get a biopsy, the doc says. Hm, I already had the flipping biopsy back in December. She: Really? Yes, YOU did it! Oh, the receptionist didn't give her the latest documents...

So she goes to check and brings back the info. All good - if the pathologist's diagnosis was correct.
Excuse me? Am I now meant to doubt this? Do doctors get any sort of training on patient communication?

So, she says that the ultrasound image still matches the diagnosis of the pathologist. The outline of the lump is all clear still. Ahem, still? Last time she told me that it was clear in most cases but not everywhere. Now what then? I ask her at what point she recommends removing it. She asks how I feel. I say, not very reassured. She says: Ok, in that case it's time to remove it. Aha.

On the upside, this can be done here in Rosenheim. Now, I only need to go back to my idiotic gynecologist to get a referral. Ah well, at least I have plenty of time from the end of June onwards to tackle this.

Oh, and in addition I had a shitty work meeting which I had been dreading for a while. I am not one to shy away from difficult meetings, but going back to 'those' people, certain people just manage to press my buttons. Without even doing anything.

To round it all off, Eintracht Frankfurt manage to score an own goal in the first of two games deciding on their future in the Bundesliga.

No comments:

Post a Comment