Thursday 17 March 2016

quick, quick

I have no patience. When it comes to sewing this can be a bit problematic. After I was having trouble with the gathering of this simple dress, I figured that second time round, it'd be a piece of cake. Of course, I was wrong.

It started by me confusing the dial for the stitch length with the dial for the stitch tension... It took me a while to work this out. And yes, I AM embarrassed how little I know my machine.
Having sorted this issue, I then still had trouble with the sewing which resulted in having to unpick the side seam. Unpicking is such a pain!!!

I somehow did finish this dress but quite frankly, I am not particularly pleased with the result. I really need to start to work more accurately. Rather than trying to get things done quickly.

I think the fabric was too thin to make this work well, too.
Let's also ignore my shortcut-neck-non-facing....

No comments:

Post a Comment