Friday 13 February 2015

It's been a good day

This morning at our weekly staff get together, I was racking my brains on what I had actually done (let alone achieved) this week. How is that possible? When I stayed late on most days???

But it all came together beautifully: we interviewed for a temp role and found a really good candidate (I think); I finally found a volunteer for a role which had been a bit of a headache for the last few months and I was then presented with my belated birthday presents from my colleagues:


One of my colleagues had ordered some merchandise a while ago and we went through the catalogue. And I got a bit obsessed with the pink unicorn. So, now I have a purple unicorn that also keeps me warm at night. And then I got a set to do embroidery including these cool templates.

And last but certainly not least, I met A and J for dinner at Shillibeer's Bar & Grill followed by comedy at the Pleasance theatre. Comedy wasn't my kind of thing though. Sean McLoughlin just came across as angry, sad and depressed. One always wonders how much of the stories are made up and how much is real. If it's real, I honestly feel sorry for him. There were some funny bits, but overall, he didn't really make me laugh. Plus the guy with the super loud laugh behind us what really winding me up...


No comments:

Post a Comment